- Family
- Peer Groups
- Mass Media
Well, family would definitely be on top of the list, followed by peers, and last but definitely not the least, mass media.
Family first because they're the ones who molded me into who I am today. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't be the happy-go-lucky type of person that everyone knows. My parents exposed me to international socialization early! Talk about major english conversations! My parents, aunt, and grandmothers taught to have a wide understandings and to look at a situation in different perspectives. Since my parents left me here in the Philippines to study, I never did rebel against them. Why? Well, it's simply because of the fact that it's a sacrifice for them to work abroad just to satisfy our basic needs. Because they worked abroad, I lived with my aunt and grandmothers' house. They taught how to be independent and how to study on my own. I learned a lot of things from my family and I was able to apply all of them in my social life.
Speaking of social life, this is where peers enter. Well, to have friends means to be able to adapt what's "in" without losing what's more important. They taught how to socialize more. How? Well, since I'm exposed to different people, I would definitely have to understand and be able to see things differently without losing my own perspective because not everyone has the same perspective as I do. Having peers means having better development of understanding and socialization because if you believe that people will change to be friends with you, YOU ARE SO DEFINITELY AND ABSOLUTELY WRONG! Why? Because today's generation involves proper companionship, anyone who is facing difficulties or having trouble with being alone must learn to change his/her attitude.
Lastly, Mass Media. Well, this is just my other way of communicating with friends and family. With mass media, indirect friendship may be formed. How? Through text clans, chat rooms, and many others. This is a bit dangerous so having an indirect connection with someone you don't know that much should be careful.
Overall, the best agent of socialization for me would be my family.
See y'all next time!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment