1. Looking back at the list of your positive characteristics and qualities, what do you feel and realize about it?
Looking back at my list, I feel self-centered claiming those traits but when I read what everyone else thought about me, I felt ecstatic because I never knew that I was that kind of person; the kind of person I really wanted to be. This reminds me of a line I quoted from the movie "What Happens in Vegas" starring Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher. "I tried to change myself to please others but, by pleasing you, I found myself again." A very short line yet very meaningful.2. The Golden Rule says “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.”
a. Given the following situations, how would you like to be treated by your teachers and schoolmates:
- when you have given wrong answers to the questions during recitation:
I would like to be treated fair because, like everybody else, I'm only human who also makes mistakes and gets hurt.- when you are expressing your opinion during class or group discussion:
I would like them to listen because that would be a sign that the respect whatever I have to say since it is my opinion.- when you are giving suggestions during group work or presentation:
I would like them to think my suggestion over first before rejecting it because there are numerous possibilities of having a good suggestion especially if it is really good.- when you commit mistake:
I would like to be treated with respect but of course, laughing or giggling wouldn't be avoided and I would surely understand if they do respond like that.- when you don’t like doing what they ask you to do:
I would like to be treated nicely and be given another task if I really don't want to do what they're asking me but nevertheless if I'm not the leader, I might as well follow what has instructed of me to do.- when they want to give you their comments or suggestions:
I would like to be treated anyway they want except for violent actions or anything like that because if this topic regards me then they should really tell me everything they to tell me may it be positive or negative.
b. Considering the given ideas on how to treat others with respect, what can you commit to yourself in terms dealing with the MCL community: teachers, students, employees, security, maintenance/janitors and canteen personnel?
As expected from a well-educated student of Alpha Angelicum Academy, I would treat everyone around me with respect especially those in authority because who am I to disrespect them and besides they're older than me and I should respect them if I want to be treated the same way.
So that ends Self Respect and Respect for Others.
Till my next post! Love y'all~ ♥
>>>inukazeltz♥

No comments:
Post a Comment